Terms and Conditions of Sale:
- In the following terms and conditions of sale, the term “Company” shall mean Oxford House Ltd. and the term “Buyer” shall mean the client purchasing products and services from Oxford House Ltd.
- Goods shall remain the sole property of the Company until payment is effected in full. Risk for the goods shall pass on to the Buyer upon delivery. The agreed contract price includes delivery and connection of goods to one destination for large appliances. Should there be the need of crane/lift services, these expenses are to be incurred by the Buyer. The Buyer is responsible for the coordination and costs of any permits, fees, allocated by local councils and for presence of wardens on site as may be required by law (National or local).
- The lifting services, even when co-ordinated and contacted by the Company, are independent to the Company and therefore, any liability for damages caused during transit are not the responsibility of the Company and need to be addressed in between the crane/lift service provider and the Buyer.
- Goods are to be checked on site during delivery with the delivery personnel. Should an item be found damaged, the item will be replaced with a new one. Once the delivery note/invoice is signed, the Buyer is agreeing that all items are received in good order and no claims will be accepted thereafter.
- The Buyer agrees that the amount of invoice and terms of payment are in accordance with the agreement.
- The client agrees that should they cancel an order or cancel any single item from an order, for any reason whatsoever, the deposit paid on confirmation of the order in non-refundable.
- In the event that an item needs to be returned/replaced, it needs to have the original packaging intact and unused. In the case of items that were specifically ordered for the Buyer as special order, the item is non-returnable and non-exchangeable with another model. Herein, the Buyer agrees to abide by the original agreement.
- The Buyer agrees that the delivery is to be completed on the agreed date or month with such established date not extending itself beyond six (6) months from the date of order. If this agreement is not honoured, the balance due is to be paid in full and the delivery date extended by a maximum of one (1) month unless otherwise agreed. The Company also retains the right to revise the agreed price, to match retail prices established for the period of the new delivery date. The Company undertakes to use every reasonable endeavour to meet the pre-established delivery date with the Buyer. However should delivery be delayed for any reason outside the Company’s control, the Buyer agrees that the Company will not be held responsible for any consequential loss arising from any delay in delivery.
- The normal credit period (where applicable) allowed by the Company shall not exceed thirty (30) days from date of invoice. Interest on overdue accounts as allowed by law will be charged.
- Any tax, duty, import charges or costs whatsoever which may become due to government and/or are levied or leviable by government on account of, in respect of and in connection with the sale and transfer of the product covered and compromised in this order shall be charged to and paid exclusively by the customer even if such tax, duty, import charges or cost becomes due to government and/or is levied or leviable by government after the date of order.· The Buyer must accept changes to the agreed price when this is an effect of a devaluation imposed by legislation.
Payment Terms on Domestic Appliances Contracts:
- If the delivery is to be effected within 3 months from the date of purchase, a deposit of 20% is to be paid upfront, with the remaining balance paid on delivery.
- If the delivery is to be effected within 3 – 6 months from the date of purchase, a deposit of 40% is to be paid upfront, with the remaining balance paid on delivery.
Connecting the Appliances:
- Works such as, electrical and plumbing works, gas pipes, regulator, gas cylinder and electricity fittings required for proper installation by the Company’s technician are to be prepared by the Buyer, prior to the connection of said appliances. All plumbing and electrical works are not in the remit of the Company. It is recommended to call a minimum of five (5) working days prior to the required connection date to fix an appointment.
- In case of built-in appliances, all new appliances have to be fitted into the kitchen unit with adequate ventilation, easily accessible electrical sockets and holes in the kitchen unit are to be prepared by the supplier, allowing ease of access for wiring.
- All washing machines require a minimum of 1-bar pressure.· When replacing an old built-in appliance, it is the buyer’s responsibility to confirm that the appliance being quoted for will fit in the current kitchen’s niche.
- The Company is responsible for the connection and demonstration of functions of the appliances. It is important that all appliances are fitted and installed in the kitchen by the furniture contractor prior to this appointment.
- Installation of any type of built-in appliance is not included; such service can be offered at an additional installation fee, depending on the appliance type. Where cooker hoods are concerned, should the Buyer decide not to install an extraction, cooker hood re-circulating kits are available at an extra cost.
- Plumbing and sink/mixer water connection must be done by a certified plumber appointed by the Buyer.
- It remains the Buyer’s responsibility to ensure that a certified electrician is appointed to prepare the electrical installation, catering fully for the technical specifications of the appliances purchased.
Terms and Conditions of Guarantee:
- This guarantee is only valid to the original Buyer of the product and is solely redeemed in Malta. Furthermore, the transfer of this guarantee to third parties is subject to the approval of the Company.
- Throughout the guarantee period, the guarantee covers the replacement of spare parts and/or repair of the appliance.
- Claims under guarantee can be accepted only if the Buyer’s property is adequately protected from the effects of internal and external disturbances or malfunctions. These safeguards include appropriately rated circuit breakers, an over and under voltage protection and a residual current device with an effective earth connection, as per legislation (S.L.545.24 Electrical Installations Regulations).
- If the product proves to have electrical or mechanical faults, the Company will repair the product free of any labour, materials or transportation charges (excluding crane or lift services) provided that:
· The product has been correctly installed and used only with a suitable electricity supply as stated on the rating plate.
· The product has been used for normal domestic purposes only and in accordance with the manufacturer’s operating instructions
.· The product has not been connected, serviced, maintained, repaired, taken apart, uninstalled or tampered with by any person not authorized by the Company.
- This guarantee does not cover:
· The body, parts made of plastic, ceramic, glass, rubber and vitreous enamel, lamps, hinges, ignition candles, shelves/trays and rails, gas burner parts and pan supports.· Faults arising from insufficient or excessive water pressure.· Defects which arise due to a voltage drop/rise in the electrical service.
· Faults caused by defective gas regulators or gas cylinders.· Appliances on which the product label with relevant FD or serial numbers have been removed or tampered with.
· Damage due to modifications, misuse, abuse or negligence.· Remote controls.
· Body parts (cracks, scratches, dents, foam injection, rust damage, corrosion).
· The labour cost incurred to repair or replace items which are not covered by guarantee.
· Costs incurred to repair products that have been improperly installed.
- Small appliances, microwaves, kitchen mixers and all portable appliances are to be brought to the Company’s workshop for repairs.
- The Company shall not be under any liability and in particular shall not be liable for financial loss of profits, contracts, savings or goodwill.
- Customers are advised that changes to manufacturing specifications are at the sole discretion of the manufacturer. Specifications may be altered without prior notice.
- Delayed Guarantee and Guarantee term:Should a customer opt for a delayed guarantee, the customer must inform the Company at time of purchase. The maximum delayed guarantee allowed is of six (6) months from delivery date. Unless otherwise agreed, should this period be exceeded, the guarantee will automatically start six (6) months from invoice date.
- The guarantee term on products varies according to the product purchased; which term can be found in the legend on the guarantee document. Should the product/s be used for commercial purposes, the guarantee term is reduced to two (2) years on large appliances and six (6) months on small appliances from date of purchase.
- It is very important for the customer to retain the guarantee form, invoice and the fiscal receipt as proof of purchase from the Company during the stipulated period and keep it handy to present to our technicians upon request. If the said proof of purchase is not presented, the Buyer will be required to pay for the service call and or any spare parts used.
- To make a claim, a Buyer must directly contact our servicing department on Tel. No. 25464121/2/3/4 from Monday to Friday between 08:00hrs and 17:00hrs and give all relevant details including the guarantee document number, invoice number and I.D. card number. Alternatively, one can raise a claim through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Following the expiry of the guarantee term, the Company will attend to service requests at current service rates.This guarantee is in addition to your rights at law in relation to the sale of goods; these rights are not adversely affected by this guarantee.This guarantee is in addition to your rights at law in relation to the sale of goods; these rights are not adversely affected by this guarantee.
Service in Gozo:
- The Company has an appointed authorized dealer to handle sales and after-sales in Gozo. For further information, please contact our Service Centre on 25464121/2/3/4 or email@example.com.