The Node chair is highly mobile, which translates directly into classroom performance. A lesson plan can be carried out more effectively when seating is arranged and rearranged effortlessly, taking the burden off educators to adapt.
- The swivel seat gives students the freedom to shift focus throughout the room. And, since the personal surface swivels in tandem, items remain at their fingertips.
- It’s subtle, but clear sight lines to the instructor, peers and whiteboards can dramatically enhance interaction.
The base of Node school chairs provides a unique storage solution for backpacks and student belongings that usually clutter the aisles. This allows quicker and easier transitions between teaching modes.
Even the arms serve a storage purpose. Aside from a place to rest your elbows, they are designed to hold a backpack or bag, keeping personal items safe, secure, and close at hand.
The Node chair has an adjustable worksurface, providing a perfect fit for students of all shapes and sizes. The Node chair’s worksurface accommodates both left- and right-handed students. Ergonomics of the seat bend and flex with the student.
The benefits of Node aren’t confined to the classroom.
Today’s workplace also thrives on collaboration, transition, and movement—qualities integral to the design of Node. So no matter where you are—the lobby, the training room, or the lab—discover the chair that goes anywhere you work.
Learning Has Changed
In our on-site research, we found cramped, static spaces designed for passive one-way learning:
- tight rows of desks and chairs that inhibit movement and interaction
- instructors confined to the front of the room
- few opportunities to connect with students
The classroom has to change
- Research points to the fact that learning is enhanced when it is social and active.
- A single approach to teaching is no longer enough.
- Educators are turning to multiple pedagogies to support multiple learning styles.